Easy Boarding Position
CYBEX was the first company to introduce a rotation mechanism making it possible to rotate infant car seats for easy boarding. The Base Z2 includes this feature, allowing the Cloud Z2 i-Size to swivel towards the car door for effortless entry and exit for your child. When taking a break in your journey the seat can also be turned inward to face a parent, making it easy to share a snack or play a game.
Comfortable Sleep, Wherever You Go
With the Cloud series CYBEX developed an ergonomic lie-flat position. Building on this innovation the newest Cloud Z2 i-Size can also be placed in a semi-reclined position while in the car. This new feature allows greater comfort for the child without compromising on safety while on the road.
The Base Z2 is the secure and flexible base unit for the CYBEX Z2 Line Modular System, which offers maximum protection and versatility. The rotation mechanism of the Base Z2 allows the car seat to be turned to the car door for easier entry and exit. The Base Z2 is a long-lasting solution, as it can also be used with a CYBEX Sirona Z2 i-Size for the next age group. Both seats can be reclined while in the car. Purchased individually.
With the use of adapters, the Cloud Z2 i-Size can be attached to numerous buggies or strollers from CYBEX, gb and other select brands. This allows the infant car seat to become part of a convenient travel system beyond the car, increasing comfort and mobility.
The Cloud Z2 i-Size features the tried and tested CYBEX Linear Side-impact Protection (L.S.P.) System for increased protection. The very first impact forces of an accident are reduced by the extended side protector facing the door. Together with the car seat’s flexible shell it reduces impact forces by up to 25%, channeling them away from your child.
Full Sun Protection
The generous sun canopy, made from UPF50+ fabric, primarily protects your child from the sun but can also act as a shield against wind, or even the hustle and bustle of the street. When not in use the canopy can easily be stowed away.
Grows with the Child
The adjustable headrest offers 12 positions for a customized adjustment as your child grows. The integrated harness guide makes adjusting intuitive and quick - these safety features can be fitted to your growing child within seconds.
A Good Fit for the Smallest of Travellers
The Cloud Z2 i-Size features a removable newborn inlay, which creates a near-flat lying position for newborns. This helps to reduce the risk of the baby’s head tipping forward while asleep, which can lead to serious breathing problems. To make sure your growing infant has enough space, the newborn inlay should be removed once the child is taller than 60 cm.
- fabric covers machine washable at 30 degrees
Installation Methods & FAQ's
Is this the right seat for my car?
- before buying the child car seat, always check whether it can be properly installed in your vehicle. we recommend a test installation at a qualified retailer. always follow the recommendations of the vehicle manufacturer regarding the installation of child car seats.
Installation with vehicle belt
- the infant carrier can be used on all vehicle seats with three-point automatic belt.
Installation with Base
- look for the i-size logo in your vehicle.if a vehicle seat is marked with this logo, it is suitable for use with all i-size child car seats and therefore does not feature in our list of compatible vehicles.
Can I install a rear-facing seat on the front passenger seat?
- rear-facing car seats must only be installed on the passenger seat if the front airbag has been deactivated. placing your child on a passenger seat with an activated airbag poses an enormous risk of injury, and we at cybex strictly advise against this. for other types of car seats check the user manuals of both your car seat and your vehicle to find out if you should deactivate the airbag. statistics show that the safest place for a car seat is on the rear seat behind the front passenger seat. side airbags do not put your child’s safety at risk. if you have no choice other than to use the front passenger seat, please ensure that the seat is pushed back as far as possible and that the airbag is deactivated.
How should the headrest be adjusted?
- only a headrest adjusted to the optimum height will give your child the best possible protection and comfort. the height can be adjusted to various positions. the headrest must be adjusted so there is no more than 2 cm between the child’s shoulders and the bottom of the headrest.
Can I use the car seat on laterally-facing vehicle seats?
- it is not permitted to use the car seat on laterally-facing vehicle seats.
Can I also use this infant car seat on a vehicle seat without an i-Size certification?
- yes, this infant car seat can be used on certain vehicle seats without an i-size certification. it is possible for the infant car seat to be installed on forward-facing car seats equipped with a 3-point automatic belt system in accordance with un standard r16. if your vehicle does not have an i-size seating position, please check the vehicle typelist to find out whether installation with a 3-point belt is possible. alternatively, check the car compatibility list on our website.
What should I bear in mind when installing the car seat in my vehicle?
- before purchasing the car seat it is important to check if it is approved to be used in your vehicle: • vehicle must have an i-size seat that is compatible with an i-size child car seat (we advise going to www.cybex-online.com and checking the ‘more info’ section on the product page to find out whether the car seat is compatible with your vehicle) • compatibility can also be checked with typelist that can be found attached to your car seat (please do not use any part of this car seat on its own or in combination with boosters, backrests or headrests from other manufacturers or from different cybex product lines) • the car seat can be used only on vehicle seats which are equipped with an automatic 3-point vehicle belt • for proper protection of your child, it is essential to use and install the car seat according to the instructions given in the user guide (the user guide can be found attached to the car seat, or it can be downloaded on www.cybex-online.com)
Can I install this infant car seat on the front passenger seat?
- this infant car seat should only be installed on the passenger seat if the front airbag has been deactivated. important: according to rules of the road such as the highway code in the uk, it is forbidden for your child to travel on a seat with an activated airbag. placing your infant on a passenger seat with an activated airbag puts your child at risk of serious injury. if you have no choice other than to use the front passenger seat, please deactivate the airbag and ensure that the seat is pushed back as far as possible. as a rule we always recommend installing the car seat on the vehicle’s rear seat (if possible behind the passenger) as statistics show that this is the safest place in the car. in a head-on collision, a child will be protected by the larger crumple zone of the rear seat where front airbags do not put your child’s safety at risk.
Where should I install a car seat in my car?
- the safest place for a car seat is in the rear seat behind the front passenger seat. it may be possible to install a cybex car seat on other seats in the vehicle. you can find this information in our vehicle type list which is available either online or along with the product when it is purchased.
Can I use the car seat on rear-facing vehicle benches (e.g. in vans or minibuses)?
- no. as you can only use this car seat rear-facing, it cannot be used on rear-facing vehicle benches. a rear-facing car seat on a rear-facing vehicle bench would be front-facing when installed.
When I install the car seat using the vehicle belt, my baby’s head nods forward onto his/her chest even though the seat appears to be positioned horizontally. How can I prevent this?
- if your child’s head is nodding forwards while sat in the infant car seat belted with the vehicle belt, this may indicate that the infant car seat is not positioned at a horizontal level, even though the symbol on the seat seems to indicate that it is. one reason for this is that many vehicle seats have a relatively steep incline, especially in smaller vehicles. therefore, when installing the infant car seat it is best to use the level of the road as a guide to the correct level of the car seat, rather than the angle of the vehicle seat. another option is to install the car seat in a flatter recline position. if your baby’s head continues to nod forward even when the seat is aligned with the level of the road or you are using the base, then it is possible that the baby is not wearing suitable clothing. please refer to the question: what kind of clothing should my child wear when seated in the car seat.
Can I use the Cloud Z2 i-Size with a Base Z?
- no, the cloud z2 i-size and the base z are not compatible.
Can I use the car seat even when the side airbag is activated?
- yes, the side airbag can remain activated when using the car seat.
Are both side-impact protectors (L.S.P.s) needed?
- the linear side-impact protection (l.s.p.) reduces the forces of a side-impact collision and thus also the risk of injury. generally, we advise parents to install or fold out the l.s.p. on both sides of the car seat. however, if there is insufficient space for the l.s.p. nearest the middle of the vehicle, it is not absolutely essential. for safety reasons, please ensure that the l.s.p. nearest the door is always installed or folded out.
The car seat is approved in compliance with the i-Size standard (UN R129). What does this mean?
- i-size is a european standard for car seats. among other regulations i-size states that infants must travel in a rear-facing position before the child's age exceeds 15 months and that, for the first time, side-impact protection is tested.